offers a lifting capacity which is 25% greater than the grade 80, for a
comparable chain size. For many applications a smaller chain size be can
be chosen. This results in lighter, easier to handle chain slings.
steel, grade 100, quenched and tempered.
MBL equals 4 x WLL
Test Certificate and/or EC Declaration of Conformity
Instructions for use:
In general all grade 100 components should be inspected before use to
markings are legible
• all items are free from nicks, gouges, cracks and corrosion
• items with the correct Working Load Limit have been selected with
respect to the sling design i.e. the load to be lifted, the number of
legs in the sling, the top angle etc.
may not be heat treated as this may affect their Working Load Limit
• never modify, repair or reshape an item by machining, welding, heating
or bending as this may affect the Working Load Limit
• master links and the other items of the sling are all identifiable as
being of the same steel grade
• items should be used for straight in line loading only, this in order
to avoid bending
items are not distorted or unduly worn
It is required that
the products are regularly inspected and that the inspection should take
place minimally in accordance with the safety standards given in the
country of use. This is required because the products in use may be
affected by wear, misuse, overloading, etc. with a consequence of
deformation and alteration of the material structure.
Inspection by a competent person should take place at least every six
months and even more frequently when the components are used in severe
Load Limit table for Grade 10/100 Chain Slings